Nama : Bayu Hidayatulloh
Kelas : 11208365
Kelas : 4EA12
Matkul : B. Inggris bisnis 2 (Softskill)
1.Because and because of
Use of ‘because’ and ‘because of’ : To give a reason
Structure: We use a complete sentence after because.
” They didn’t win the game because they didn’t play well.
after because of we use NOUN Phrase or Ving form.
” All the flights were cancelled because of bad weather conditions.”
” I went to bed very early because of working too much.
Fill in the blanks with “because” or “because of”
1. Please don’t let your children walk alone _______________the walkway is slippery when wet.
2. Alex missed the penalty _______________lack of concentration.
3. _______________ thick fog at the airport, Louis and Tim had to stay in Ankara one more day.
4. Unfortunately she had to give up singing __________________she had a serious throat problem.
5. You are not allowed to enter this secured area ________________ you don’t have an official permit.
6. We decided to buy that house ______________ its low price.
7. _____________the elecrticity was cut off, we went to bed early.
8. We can’t go to school by public transport tomorrow ____________ the srtike.
9. I had to overwork last week _____________my manager wanted me to finish the reports.
10. People always trust him _______________his honesty.
KEY: 1. because 2. because of 3. Because of 4. because 5. because 6. because of 7. Because 8. because of 9. because 10. because of
(Noun clause connector/subject), Noun Clause Connector tidak hanya berfungsi sebagai Connector tapi pada saat yang bersamaan juga berfungsi sebagai Subject. Perhatikan kalimat di bawah ini:
Pada kalimat pertama terdapat dua kalimat/klausa: I know dan what happened yesterday. Kedua kalimat ini di hubungngakn oleh Connector what.
Pada kalimat ke dua (what happened yesterday) dari kedua contoh di atas. What juga berfungsi sebagai Subject dari kalimat tersebut. Sedangkan happened berfungsi sebagai verb.
Perhatikan contoh di bawah ini.
1.The company was prepared for ________ happened with the economy.
(B) the problem
Perhatikan soal-soal dibawah ini dan tentukan apakah kalimatnya benar (Correct) atau salah (Incorrect).
2. The teacher heard who answered the question. (C)
3. I do not understand it went wrong. (I)
4. Of the three movies, I can’t decide which is the best. (C)
5. She did not remember who in her class. (I)
6. No one is sure what did it happen in front of the building. (I)
7. We found out which was her favorite type of candy. (C)
8. Do you know what caused the plants to die? (C)
9. I am not sure which it is the most important course in the program. (I)
10. We thought about who would be the best vice president.(C)
3.HAVE SOMETHING DONE
Fill the gaps with have and the verb in brackets in their correct forms.
1 We ___________ the roof ___________ last year. It cost us a packet. (repair)
2 Anne ___________ her hair ___________ every Friday afternoon. (do)
3 I ___________ the brakes ___________ three times a year. (check)
4 The government ___________ the whole town ___________ yesterday. (evacuate)
5 I ___________ my hard drive ___________ for a bigger one last week. (change)
6 When did you last ___________ the airconditioning ___________ ? (service)
7 You don't think Liv Tyler's beautiful?! You should ___________ your eyes ___________ . (test)
8 After the plague of fleas, the boss ___________ the office ___________ . (disinfect)
9 Your cat's coughing. You need to ___________ him ___________ for parasites. (treat)
10 Daphne ___________ her legs ___________ once a fortnight. (do)
11 I normally ___________ my suit dry ___________ before a wedding. (clean)
12 The headmaster ___________ all the lockers ___________ for the missing footballs yesterday. (search)
13 Have you ___________ your house ___________ ? (double-glaze)
14 Have you ___________ that poster I bought you ___________ yet? (frame)
15 The house is in chaos. We're ___________ a new kitchen ___________ in. (put)
Dalam kehidupan sehari-hari, sering kita berandai-andai. Misalnya, seandainya (jika) kamu mau jadi pacar saya, saya akan buat kamu orang paling bahagia di dunia. Seandainya saya kaya, saya akan bangun hotel bintang 5 di pantai Kuta. Seandainya saya punya sayap, saya akan terbang petikkan bintang untukmu. Dan seterusnya. Kalimat-kalimat seperti ini disebut kalimat pengandaian atau dalam bahasa Inggris disebut conditional sentences.
Dalam bahasa Inggris, conditional sentences pada umumnya memiliki ciri-ciri sebagai berikut:
a. digunakannya kata if dalam anak kalimat (subordinate clause). Karena clause ini diawali oleh if maka disebut if clause.
b. digunakannya modal auxiliary, seperti will, can, may, must, would, could, might, etc. pada pokok kalimat (main clause).
Conditional sentences 2 tipe, yaitu: real conditional dan unreal/contrary to fact.
1. If she had taken the bus, she would not have arrived on time.
a. Can c. was
b. Would d. could
2. If he ……..… well, he would win the game
A. play C. playing
B. played D. Plays
3. If you had been sick, you ……..… some
A. would have taken C. Would had take
B. could have taken D. Could had taken
4. You ……..… if you walk in the rain (sick)
A. will sicks C. Would sick
B. will sick D. Could sicks
5. If we don’t try to save the Borobudur temple,
A. will losed C. Could lose it
B. would lose it D. Will lose it
6. If my car were in the better condition, I would make a long trip now.
It may be concluded that I ….
A. have to stay at home
B. are enjoying the trip
C. prefer staying at home
D. enjoyed the trip
E. stayed at home
7. If there had been traffic lights at this intersection, there would not have been so many accident. we may conclude that
A. Drivers were always careful at this intersection
B. despite the traffic lights accident happen
C. traffic lights often doesn’t work
D. We didn’t find traffic light at this intersection
E. There are many traffic accident
8.If his mother had not been ill, Tony would have joined the study tour to Jakarta.
We conclude that Tony …..
A. has just come back from the study tour
B. went to Jakarta for Study tour
C. left his sick mother at home
D. refused to join the study tour to Jakarta
E. went to jakarta after her mother had recovered
9. If you hungry, you … take something to eat.
a. Were c. are
b. Was d. can
10. If Septia … after the barbeque, Tiwi will let the guests in.
a. Will have c. will play
b. Had play d. can playing
Ada 3 macam tingkat perbandingan:
1. Positive Degree (tingkatan sama)
2. Comparative Degree (tingkatan lebih)
3. Superlative Degree (tingkatan paling)
Yaitu pola yang digunakan untuk membandingkan 2 benda yang memiliki kualitas sama.
as + Adjective + as
Yaitu pola yang digunakan untuk membandingkan 2 benda, dimana benda yang satu memiliki kualitas lebih daripada benda yang lain.
Untuk adjective yang terdiri dari satu suku kata :
…. Adjective + er + than …..
Untuk adjective yang terdiri dari dua suku kata atau lebih:
…. more + adjective + than …..
Yakni pola yang digunakan untuk membandingkan tiga benda atau lebih, dimana benda yang satu memiliki kualitas paling di antara benda yang lainnya.
Untuk adjective yang terdiri dari satu suku kata :
…. the + adjective + est.
1. The elephant is the ___________ animal on the earth.
2. Maya is the ________ student in my class. She never comes late to school.
3. Those jackets are expensive. But the ________ jacket is the red one.
4. Almost all students think that Mathematic is the ____________ subject in the school.
5. Mr. Ron is the ____________ teacher in our school. He never gets angry to us.
6. There are four tall student in my class. But the _________ student is Raka.
7. Cheetah is known as the ___________ runner animal on the earth.
8. An ant may be the ____________ animal in the world.
9. Jakarta is the ______________ city in Indonesia.
10. Arnold cleans his room twice a day. That’s way his room is the __________ among our rooms.
6.ADJECTIVE AND ADVERB
Adjective (kata sifat)
adjective adalah kata yang menerangkan kata benda (Noun). dengan kata lain kata sifat itu bercerita banyak tentang kata benda.
exm: cloudy, pretty, smart, nice, kind, healthy, and so on
Adverb (kata keterangan)
adverb adalah kata yang menerangkan kata kerja (Verb), kata keterangan lainnya, atau kata sifat (adjective).
exm : wisely, noisily, crazily, and so on.
Exercise ! ! !
(stay), (death), (old age pension), (flat), (ideal), (emotion), (care about), (upset), (fulfil), (parents), (related), (calm), (calendar), (hospital), (dead).
*Use the words to fill in the blank this text.
As children get older, they become more independent and want to have more freedom. this is the time when they begin to think about the future and about the dreams they hope to 1____________. In many countries children leave home when they start college or university. they move into their own 2__________ and begin to take responsibility for their own lives. Perhaps, they also meet someone who they really 3___________ and who they can really 4_____________ to. Perhaps they meet their 5_____________ ideal partner for the future.
As the years on the 6____________ roll by, the parent-child roles are reversed as older children now start to think of the well-being of their 7______________. Parents reach retirement age and start to receive their 8_______________. Now it is the children who often take responsibility for looking after their parents.
Unfortunately, there are times in any family when someone dies. The 9_______________ of loved one is always a time of great 10_______________. Sometimes the death is sudden at home or elsewhere. sometimes it is in 11_____________ after illness. everyone tries to remain 12______________ as they remember the 13_____________ person, but nothing can stop them feeling extremely unhappy and 14____________ at their loss. If it is an older parent who has died the remaining parent will often go to 15_____________ with the family of one of their children.